ACCEPTABLE USE OF PLACED’S WEBSITE & APP
1. This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website ( www.placed-app.com ) ( our site ) and/or our “Placed” app. References to “our site” below includes references to our app mentioned above, unless stated or the context provides otherwise. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
2. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use and any terms of service that you may sign up to as a registered hirer or work seeker user.
3. Our site and app are operated by Placed Recruitment Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09878379 and have our registered office at C/O Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co Llp, 4, 4 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AU. Our main trading address is Apt, 36, 3 Riverlight Quay. London. SW8 5AY. Our VAT number is 230184641.
4. You must be at least 18 years of age to use our site. By using our site and agreeing to these terms, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
5. You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
a. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation. This includes without limitation any use as a registered hirer user in a way that breaches the Equality Act 2010, national minimum wage legislation or any other relevant UK employment laws.
b. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
c. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
d. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
e. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam). This includes without limitation places any advertisements for job roles, positions or vacancies or similar save in accordance with the Hirer Terms of Service.
f. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
6. You also agree:
a. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
b. Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
i. any part of our site;
ii. any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
iii. any software used in the provision of our site; or
iv. any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
7. We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
a. Messaging platforms for registered users.
b. Bulletin boards.
c. Blog page with comments section.
8. We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
9. The use of any of our interactive services is not relevant for minors and so we do not expect or encourage minors to use those services and we do not actively monitor our interactive services with minors in mind. We strongly recommend that parents do not allow their children to use an interactive service and if they do allow that, then it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
10. Where we do moderate an interactive service, such as reviewing comments on a blog page, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
11. These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
12. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
13. Contributions must:
a. Be accurate (where they state facts).
b. Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
c. Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
14. Contributions must not:
a. Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
b. Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
c. Promote sexually explicit material.
d. Promote violence.
e. Promote or cause discrimination based on race, sex, religion or belief, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status or age or any other protected characteristics under the Equality Act or subsequent legalisation from time to time.
f. Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
g. Be likely to deceive any person.
h. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
i. Promote any illegal activity.
j. Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
k. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
l. Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
m. Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
n. Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
15. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which may include, without limitation, your removal as a registered user, if relevant, and no refund payable of any monies paid to us for services under this site.
a. Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
b. Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
c. Issue of a warning to you.
d. Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement on an indemnity basis of all costs, damages, awards, fines and penalties that we suffer (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach. This includes without limitation for your breach of any provisions of the Equality Act when using our site.
e. Further legal action against you.
f. Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
17. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
18. We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site. Where there is any conflict between the terms in this acceptable use policy and any terms of service you agree to as a registered user, the terms of service will prevail.