Got an interview at Bupa? You’re in the right place. We lay out 5 tips to acing your interview, from Bupa recruitment.
1. Be yourself, it’s who we want to get to know
We welcome everyone from all backgrounds and walks of life and celebrate the unique perspectives and experiences we can all bring to the workplace so let your personality and compassionate nature shine through. We all get nervous during an interview and tend to put on a bit of a face, try not to and relax.
2. You don’t need to be an expert
If you need to do a role play, it’s not a memory test as you can have all the information you need with you. We don’t expect you to be an expert in health insurance either, at this point most of us had no clue about the ins and outs of a policy! It’s more about how you adapt, engage and communicate with the customers so respond with empathy and compassion. Think, how would you like to be spoken to?
3. Use the STAR technique
Remember to use the STAR technique when answering any interview questions. It’ll help you frame your example and make it easier for your assessors to understand and pull out the information they need.
- Situation (10% of your answer) – Set the context for your example.
- Task (10% of your answer) – Describe what was required of you.
- Action (70% of your answer) – Describe and explain what you actually did.
- Result (10% of your answer) – Explain how well the situation played out.
Think of it like telling a story to someone for the first time. Starting with a beginning setting the scene, then going through what happens to the characters (or in this case you) what they did and finally what happened at the end. Hopefully everyone lived happily ever after!